Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Stream of Conciousness

This is a stream of consciousness post because I realize that I think a lot and I never really put my thoughts down on paper completely unedited which is sort of a lie because I edited the first sentence of this post before I wrote this sentence so whatever, but from the first sentence on, my thoughts are literally just spilling out onto the keyboard.

Spotify ads bother me really badly, but this one is actually kinda cool. It says that they apparently have a band that is only robots but they only play one guitar.  I get the idea behind that, but doesn't music come from the heart? If it's a robot programmed to play a guitar, then that's an example of crafty engineering and cool technology, not actual music. Well, I guess it's actual music if there are notes and stuff, but I'm listening to this song now where it's just a guy and his guitar and it's so emotional and real.

Can a robot really give you that? I don't think a lot of things can imitate the compassion that occurs in living things. That's why music is compassionate, it comes from that place in people where the first stirrings of sympathy flicker.

(Woah. I go off on a lot of tangents. I would find me pretty annoying, but I don't really have a choice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment