Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fast Walk, No Friends!

Dearest Everyone-I've-Left-Behind,

Sorry about that. It's not that I don't want to be friends with you. I really do! You're excellent humans and conversationalists.

BUT IF YOU ARE GOING WALK THAT SLOWLY, IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

(This letter is selfish).

(It's also a joke).

I have been told that

a) I walk quickly
b) I take long strides because I am tall (since when am I tall? What?)

I UNDERSTAND YOUR NEED TO CONVERSE WITH YOUR OTHER FRIENDS. BUT IF YOU ARE ALSO TALKING TO ME, THEN

c) I cannot walk as slowly as you, because I would literally be stationary.
d) I can't leave because you're addressing me.

Sorry about leaving you to walk slowly.

It was awkward when we were on the same bus.

Sincerely (and fastpaced),
Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment